Friday 18 February 2011

Concepting a Vehicle: Initial silhouettes

I am going to design a vehicle that exists within the fantasy sci-fi world of my digital game concept. To start the process I am going to create some quick silhouettes to use as a starting point for ideas. These silhouettes are just to inspire ideas that might not be the initial ideas that would normally come to mind.

These first 25 silhouettes are very rough shapes drawn while thinking loosely about real vehicles such as planes and motorbikes.

These next 25 silhouettes were created using a program called Alchemy. The program is designed very specifically around that stage of creating inital ideas and drawing insperation from shape. It even goes as far as to remove any undo function, forcing artists to be loose.

More loose blocky silhouettes.


Final 20 silhouettes


After creating 100 silhouettes I chose 20 of the ones I thought were most interesting, drew over them a little to help me to visualise what direction I could take them, then chose a final 3 to develop slightly further.

No comments:

Post a Comment