Friday 11 February 2011

Developing character silhouttes further

Here I play around possible outfits and features of the five silhouttes I picked out as possible starting points for the final design of my character.

I do several draw overs ofthe base silouette while ocnsidering outfits for whatever this may have been. I don;t feel particulary inspired by any of the quick ideas though and so move on.


This second silhouette is already pretty interesting, I experiment withcolour schemes and ideas for a head. While interesting though I feel that the design gives off the impression of too powerful a figure, which I don't feel the personality of the character I have in mind would suit.


My third silhouette design begins to feel a bit too similiar to a previous character I have already created for my game so I decide to look at developing other concepts first and come back to this later if need be.


My fourth concept gives me ideas about making the character some kind of insect based creature, I draw some experiemental pieces of insectoid-like armour and while my game is based in a science fiction world I consider some clothing that appears quite historic and theatrical. This could perhaps be combiend with some science-fiction type bits.


My fifth silhoutte works great for a insect like character and I like the idea of having some looser clothes and armour rather than some kind of full body metal suit. I look at a few insects and experiement with possible designs for a head from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment